Healthy digestive support for poultry and pet birds. HomeoPet Avian Digestive Upsets medicine may help provide temporary relief from digestive issues for chickens, other poultry and pet birds. This easy to dose bird medicine may help reduce discomfort and may help provide temporary relief from minor digestive problems such as diarrhea, pale combs/wattles and retained gas.
- Safe Ingredients. Our safe, gentle bird respiratory medication is made from natural ingredients that may help provide temporary relief from diarrhea, pale combs/wattles and retained gas.
- Fast acting liquid that is simple and easy to use. Simply dose medicine in water and allow bird access for the day, or follow pack instructions for oral direct dosing.
- Veterinary Formulated. Daniel H. Farrington and his veterinarian brother Thomas Farrington created HomeoPet and HomeoVet to bring high-quality, safe, natural and affordable treatments and supplements to animals and animal guardians worldwide.
- Simple, Safe & Pure with no known side effects and can be safely used long term.
- Competition legal – HomeoPet products are registered medicines, not performance enhancing products. Nothing in any of HomeoPet’s medicines test positive in show animals, therefore they are considered extremely safe for competition use.
- Great Value with up to 90 doses per bottle (depending on weight).
- HomeoPet Avian Digestive Upsets is a natural homeopathic medicine that can be safely used on birds of all types and may be used for chicks, pullets and layers
May help promote relief from the following symptoms:
- Pale combs/wattles
- Retained gas
May help reduce discomfort and may help provide temporary relief from minor digestive problems such as diarrhea, pale combs/wattles, and retained gas.
DROPS PER DOSE IN AT LEAST 8 OUNCES OF WATER
|less than 1lb
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Dose remedy in water and allow bird access for the day
- In acute cases one dose can be given every 15 minutes, up to 4 doses to individual birds using a dropper of the correctly diluted remedy. See grid above for correct dilution
- When improvement is seen decrease frequency of dosing to twice daily then once daily. If symptoms reappear repeat original dose. Discontinue use when symptoms subside
Birds: 2 drops in the drinking water once daily.
For treatment dose either medicate the water and allow access for the day or do 3 times daily by refreshing water and only providing sufficient that close to entire amount is drunk without depriving the bird(s) of water. In acute cases, the doses can be given every 15 minutes, up to 4 doses to individual birds using a dropper of the correctly diluted remedy where possible otherwise refresh drinking water with remedy at the correct dilution regularly to ensure potency. For cases that are not acute, one dose 3 times daily either in water or individually as above. Once a response is seen, administration should be reduced to twice daily and eventually once daily this can be done by removing water when all birds have had some and replacing with fresh water till next dose due. When symptoms clear up, discontinue use. If reduction causes symptoms to worsen, original dosing may be continued a little longer before reducing. If a remedy is working well and dosing is not reduced, an aggravation of symptoms from overuse may occur. Stopping the remedy for 3 days will reverse the symptoms, and then treatment can begin as if using for the first time, weaning down as mentioned above. Product can be given in rehydration fluids.
Always seek the advice of a veterinarian. If the problem remains persistent or is in any way severe, the product may be used alongside conventional & herbal treatment with no danger of interaction.
INDICATIONS: A homeopathic remedy that may help reduce discomfort and may help provide temporary relief from minor digestive problems such as diarrhea, pale combs/wattles and retained gas.
ADMINISTRATION: Optimally, the liquid preparation should be given on an individual basis where practical with a dropper using a prediluted remedy but for practical purposes, this is rarely done, and the norm is to give in the drinking water. Where individual birds are sensitive to the odor of the tiny amount of alcohol preservative, a 10-20-minute period should be allowed for it to dilute and evaporate before the liquid or food is presented to the flock. Occasionally, birds will shake their heads as a response to the alcohol preservative but with correct dilution, this is almost never the case.
Contact your veterinarian if the problem persists.
DRUG INTERACTIONS: None known for animal use only. Keep out of reach of children.
PHARMACEUTICAL PRECAUTIONS: Store at room temperature, out of direct sunlight, and away from strong odors.
USER SAFETY: No adverse effects have been recorded. There have been reports to the company of beneficial rather than adverse effects during trial periods. While homeopathic medicine used in humans shows a very high safety margin, care is advised when handling any product.
ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT: To date none found
AUTHORIZATION#, NDC#: 61571-595-15